I went to Dobbs on Chippewa in St.Louis for a Missouri safety and emissions test in my 2006 Honda Element with only 17,000 miles.

They said that I failed the safety inspection and needed new front tire because the tire was seperating and the metal cording was exposed. I left and went to my normal mechanic who said the tires were fine. I went back to Dobbs and they wouldn't admit to the scam to get me to buy new tires. They told me to take my complaint to the Highway Patrol.

I left immediately and had to drive all the way to Highway Patrol (wasting expensive gas in the process). They inspected my tires and said there was nothing wrong and passed me. Dobbs thought I was a *** woman that would go along with what they told me. Woman stay away from this place.

They suck!!!

Had an Experience with Dobbs Tire And Auto?

Comments

sherrilynn44
Granite City, Illinois, United States #750806

I am so sorry this happened to you... maybe you should contact David Dobbs and see what he can do for you... I am sure he would not like this treatment to his customers, women are customers also...

My daughter went to dobbs and they told her they would have to put car on computer to see why tail light was out.That was $120.

I told her to bring car by my house and I would check it out.

$2 bulb.The last time I ever sent anyone to Dobbs knowing how they operate now.I would'nt ever get air from them

They suck but you swallow!!!!

It's funny but dobbs is a great place.People like to complain about things they have no clue about.

Maybe you fail everytime because you don't take care of your car. Or the price is to high but remember cheap don't mean low prices.

Markups yes to make money you think the furniture store pays 1200$ for a couch and sell it for 1200$ its called a business.Just remember people don't come to where you work and throw rocks at you while your mowing

Never got o Dobbs for a safety or emissions inspections. You will always fail and you will never get out of there with money left in your pocket. SCAM SCAM SCAM

Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States #108982

MIDAS ON N KINGSHIGHWAY IS A BIG FRAUD

THEY CONNECTED MY WIRES WRONG A ON TUNE-UP AND WHEN I TALKED TO CORPORATE THEY IGNORED ME. I WENT FOR AN AILIGNMENT, WHICH THEY NEVER DID AND IT COST ME 2 TIRES. IS THERE ANY PLACE IN ST LOUIS WHERE U CAN GET AN HONEST , COMPETENT REPAIR???

Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States #108980

I AGREE, I GOT A TUNE UP THERE.WHEN I WENT TO DEALER TO GET THE NEXT ONE, THEY TOLD ME THAT DOBBS DID SOMETHING WRONG AND IT CAUSE SOME PROBLEMS.

I WENT BACK TO DOBBS IN WEST FLORISSANT AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY DID NOT DO THE WORK, HE DID NOT EVEN LIFT THE HOOD.

THAT WE 6 YEARS AGO AND I REFUSE TO GO THERE AGAIN.PRIOR TO THAT I WENT TO DOBBS FOR ALL REPAIRS