I took my car in to have tires rotated and asked for an oil change since it was already up on the rack.There was NO oil leak before I took it in, but after they changed the oil I noticed a small oil leak for a couple of weeks so I took it back to Dobbs.

Supposedly the oil was dripping from oil on the bottom of the car and they said they cleaned it up but otherwise it was fine. I was still noticing an oil leak after that, so I took it to my regular mechanic and he said that whoever changed my oil last has completely torn up the oil filter seal assembly.

I contacted Dobbs and of course they denied any responsibility and said their mechanic would never do that.They definitely do not stand behind their work!

Review about: Dobbs Tire And Auto Oil Change.

Had an Experience with Dobbs Tire And Auto?

Comments

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #775702

There would be no surprise I am sure!!!I took my xterra in and a few days later noticed a leak.

My husband checked oil and it was full to the brim. Dobbs confirmed the guy that changed it put 7 quarts in instead of the 3.5 quarts-no big deal they said we will change the seal and they did one seal but not the one that it needed-a real main seal which is very expensive.

So I was screwed and my car has leaked ever since.Went to the top of dobbs and that guy is a ***, as if I wanted something for free-they caused the problem-not me.

sherrilynn44
Granite City, Illinois, United States #750818

I think it is a shame that employees of Dobbs would treat customers so badly... you should still contact David Dobbs and talk to him and see if he won't correct this problem for you and offer you some compensation...

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #696137

In a situation such as this I imagine that you called the store and spoke to the Store Manager. You should always go above and beyond and call their consumer affairs office. You would have been surprised by what they would have done for you!